Due to the COVID19 epidemic the Barnstead Police Department will be taking the following precautions that will affect our services temporarily:
- The lobby will remain closed and should you need police service please call 269-8100 or 911 in an emergency.
- Request for reports should be made over the phone but reports will not be issued within the normal five day time frame. The police department will call you when your report is ready.
- Motor vehicle lockouts and VIN checks are being suspended until the emergency ban is lifted.
- No fingerprints will be done at the station until further notice.
- We know that this will cause an inconvenience for some and we apologize ahead of time but we are taking every precaution to protect the public and our employees from becoming infected.
If you are unable to reach someone at the police station, hang up and call 269-8100 and your call will be answered by dispatch at the Belknap County Sheriff's Office. They will be able to contact an officer to assist you.
As always, please feel free to visit the Barnstead Police Department where questions, comments and concerns are appreciated.