, an official municipal government Website

Town of Barnstead



Permit to Kindle a Fire

According to RSA 227-L:17(II), the State of New Hampshire requires all persons to obtain a "Permit to Kindle a Fire" prior to any outside burning including brush fires, cooking fires, and seasonal camp fires. A permit to kindle a fire is also required for chimineas and other portable pottery or metal fireplaces.  You must be at least 18 years of age to obtain a fire permit and you must be the property owner or have written permission from the property owner to kindle a fire.  The Forest Fire Warden or Issuing Agent will advise you of the rules and laws and fire class day conditions.

Burn permits are required:

Please stop by Station 2 at 106 South Barnstead Road or call 269-4121 to obtain a burn permit or to check on the daily condition.

Online burn permits available at

Town of Barnstead. Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.